- Created on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 08:55
You may have seen some of the things we do at Vale da Lama during the Open Doors event on the 4th and 5th of May, but planting vegetables, keeping chickens and tending orchards are only what you see on the surface. Behind the scenes, there is so much more happening. We are developing a space to create a better way of life guided by the organisation's vision 'An oasis of sustainable good living.'
- Created on Tuesday, 21 May 2013 11:00
The Real Picadeiro, an equestrian center located in Pera that focuses on promoting the Lusitano Horses in the Algarve with its Riding School and Classical Dressage Shows will present on Sunday the 9th of June, the second edition of its "Open Day" opening the doors to the entire community to increase the awareness about the Lusitano Stallions, the Equestrian Art, the riding center and its activities.
- Created on Monday, 20 May 2013 09:33
There are many examples that illustrate the Portuguese love of modern figurative sculptures. When leaving Faro Airport the first roundabout features ‘The Observers,’ a group of 12 roughly hewn figures staring skywards, created by Teresa Paulino. Other noticeable sculptures can be cited including in Lagos, the futuristic ‘Dom Sebastião’ by Joao Cutileiro and in Loule, ‘The Dancers’ and ‘The Cyclists’ by Dutch sculptor, Jitts Baker.
- Created on Monday, 20 May 2013 09:01
Thanks to Angus and Sam for keeping the rides going this weekend while I visited family in Germany, On Saturday the group did a good 42km route from Moncarapacho. And on Sunday the group did a more gentle ride from Lagoa.
- Created on Monday, 20 May 2013 08:40
What do you do on a hot Saturday in the Algarve besides go to the beach? Eight local artists have decided to get together under the olive trees at Quinta de Oxalá to enjoy the cool breezes and lovely lake while painting and showing their work process. Guests are invited to join the artists many of whom conduct classes in oils, acrylic and watercolour, for an afternoon of interesting art, questionable company and light alfesco nibbles and drinks on June 1st from 3pm to sundown.
- Created on Friday, 17 May 2013 14:18
Latest News from PAWS4PETS - The Algarve Dog Show at the Fatacil, Lagoa on the 1st and 2nd of June will take place in the Pavilion this year. This means we'll be under cover, out of the rain or sun, depending on the crazy weather! A large seating area will be provided and food and drinks are available close by.
Come and take part or spectate and help us raise money for the doggies!
- Save the Barão de São João Flea Market
- Jazz Concert and Blues Festival in São Brás
- Unleash your potential - create your success in 2013
- WHODUNNIT? Who murdered Dolly, the maid from the Manor?
- Algarve Artists once again join forces
- Bikers on the borderline
- All the fun of the show! Algarve Dog Show June 1st and 2nd
- Theatre Lagos - Reviving Rodney Ackland
- 'New Beginnings II' Exhibition and Sale - May 24 to 29
- New exhibition of prize–winning sculptures
- Exhibition of paintings by Liz Allen opens in Portimão
- Algarve History Association: May Events
- Algarve History Association Newsletter - May 2013
- Cookery Masterclasses - next class May 28
- Algarve Senior Bikers Way Out West