Hibiscus offers high quality nursing and healthcare support to individuals in their own home. Established in the Algarve in 2014, we have a dedicated team of fully qualified and experienced nurses and carers who are skilled in nursing and caring for you at home.
Our healthcare service is tailored around you and your needs. We care for people in many ways, from a minimum 1 hour visit to administer medication or change dressings, to daily visits or 24 hour live-in care. We can look after both your clinical and your personal needs:
• Clinical procedures: wound dressing, blood taking, and injections
• Post-operative recovery
• Post-injury or illness care during recovery
• Clinical monitoring and observations: temperatures, pulse, respirations, blood sugars hydration and weight
• Administration and monitoring of prescription medicines
• Generally assisting overall comfort and well-being
• Helping with mobilisation and exercise
• Advice on care aids and mobility equipment and how to use them safely
• Washing, showering or bathing
• Shaving and hair care
• Dressing & breakfasting
• Incontinence management
• Other personal care
• Assistance with meals and eating
• Accompanied appointments e.g. doctor, outpatients etc.
• Companionship during activities you enjoy, from days out, to reading or having a chat at home
• Temporary care; if your family usually care for you, we can step in when they are unavailable or need a break
Our approach to your care is focused on your personal needs and preferences. An individual care plan is designed to support you in the short or long-term and is discussed in detail with you to ensure both dignity and respect. We also have a selection of care equipment for hire or purchase at competitive rates.
For a chat about how we might be able to help you, please call us on 282 798 013 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also drop in to see us at Avenida Comunidades Portuguesas, Edificio Lapinha, 125 – LJ A, 8600-501 Lagos, we are open Monday and Thursday from 16.00 to 19.00, and Wednesday from 10.00 to 13.00.