- Written by Len Port
The Welsh fugitive conman Kenner Elias Jones, a Walter Mitty character who disappeared two years ago after being tracked down in Portugal, has showed up in Spain, still leading an extraordinary life of fantasy and fraud.
- Written by Sue Englefield
From Harry Shindler (Italy), British Citizen with a Case for the Vote at the European Court of Human rights. Sunday was the 11th November. Millions of us remember those who died so that we could live in Freedom and Democracy.
- Written by Paul Rees
If you receive a British state pension or have savings in a British based institution and live abroad...
- Written by Sue Englefield
The incompatibility of the 15-year-limit with interpretation of tax law, underlies the British government's rather ambiguous position on overseas voting rights i.e. that the right to vote is not necessarily related to paying taxes in the UK (although many British citizens overseas continue to pay UK taxes e.g. on their public pensions).
- Written by afpop
A letter from a reader in the Alentejo regarding carrying fuel in vehicles - What are the Portuguese (national and local) rules and laws concerning transporting gasoline from a petrol station and gas from a shop to home in a private vehicle, including the times of the year in which they are in force? By gasoline I mean 5 or 10 litre cans of fuel intended for tools such as generators, strimmers, mowing machines, etc. By gas I mean portable or luggable cannisters of butane or propane.
- Written by right2vote4xpatbrits
The previous objections below to British voters overseas quoted in the House of Commons Library Standard Note: SN/PC/5923 "Overseas Voters", seem now rather outdated in an Internet age, when British citizens around the world were able to take pride in British achievements at the 2012 London Olympics, and are not impressed by a suggestion by the Deputy Prime Minister, Mr Clegg, that they should change nationality if they want to continue to vote after 15 years away from the UK.
- Campaign for Political Representation for Expatriates
- Prison and residencias
- Campaign for Political Representation at Westminster for Britons Abroad
- Capital Gains Tax - Am I exempt?
- Insolvency protection
- Driving while using a mobile phone - what's the law if it wasn't you driving?
- Wills in Portugal
- James Preston denied the vote - new High Court ruling
- Portugal´s Law concerning non-certified tourism properties
- Capital Gains tax, selling in Portugal, buying in an EU country
- Votes for expat Brits, where are we now?
- Illegal and disproportional fines on restaurants by ASAE
- Letter from a Loule Lawyer 'protest and vote!'
- Court Challenge Against Voting Law That Disenfranchises Britons Abroad
- Expat Brits banned from voting - campaign update