Log in

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *

Lagos restaurant destroyed by fire

MiamMiamA fire that started at around 8pm this evening in the Lagos ‘Miam Miam restaurant was controlled by firefighters and has been extinguished, according to the Disaster Relief Operational Command.

A cook was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after hot oil in a fryer ignited in the kitchen area.

The popular restaurant, on the first floor of one the city’s old buildings in Rua General Góes Monteiro, has been seriously damaged with fames leaping through the roof but the firefighting teams managed to stop the blaze spreading to neighbouring properties and brought it under control but their efforts were hampered by the lack of water in the nearby fire hydrants.

The fire was tackled by over 50 fire service personnel from bombeiros teams in Lagos, Portimão, Silves, Aljezur and Vila do Bispo which extinguished the fire by 9.30pm.

For video and photos from Sul Informação, click here: http://www.sulinformacao.pt/2017/04/incendio-destroi-restaurante-em-lagos-e-causa-um-ferido-mas-ja-esta-controlado/