An open-air exhibition of paintings in oil, acrylics, water colours, mixed media etc, by 25 Algarve artists and art students.
It is with great joy that we announce the coming of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche to Portugal for the first time, from 21-23 April, 2023 for a workshop and free lecture on the Bön Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.
Vila Vita Parc suggests a delicious brunch sumptuously prepared by the resort chefs to make this year’s Easter Sunday even more memorable, enjoying time with the family while sitting outside overlooking the gardens to the sound of live music, making the most of the Algarve’s mild weather in spring.
On Tuesday 4th April, the Algarve Archaeological Association (AAA) will be presenting two lectures, in English, by Fabio Capela. The first lecture will be at 2.30pm at the Museu do Traje in São Bras, the second lecture will be at 6pm at the Convento de São José in Lagoa.
The exhibition shows objects that have been developed mainly with Casa de Empreita (Palm Weaving Shop) and Oficina de Caldeireiros (Copper Shop) of Loulé Criativo. These functional pieces in palm, copper, cork and cane are shown side-by-side with a series of short films that offer a unique and critical perspective of the artisans’ vision of their art, their work and their philosophy of life.
The Coro dos Amigos do Museu will present a Spring Concert on the 15th of April, at 19pm at Museu do Traje in São Bras de Alportel.
Waterside retreat Figs on the Funcho have some wonderful walking and painting events planned over the next few months. Take a look and book your place soon - spaces are limited!
Please see details below about the upcoming events, organised by Algarve History Association, in March and April.
- Portuguese Chamber Algarve Spring Networking Lunch - March 31st
- 'Shapes of Dilution' Exhibition - Aderita Artistic Space Gallery
- Upcoming exhibition at Galeria de Santo António, Monchique
- The Wildflowers Algarve Tour
- Superbike World Championship testing open to the public - Jan 31st and Feb 1st
- Art gallery opens on Feb 11th, Ayamonte
- Professional Lifeguard Training Course - enrolment now open!
- Exhibition in memory of Hans van Hoogdalem - opens Jan 7th