The deadline for UK nationals resident in Portugal to drive with their valid UK licence has been extended until the end of 2022.
Commercial general liability insurance (CGL), is a basic form of coverage offered by liability insurance companies to protect against the financial burdens arising from an array of risks, including: bodily injury, property damage, medical payments, personal liabilities and advertising liabilities.
The British Embassy are reminding British citizens living in Portugal of actions you may need take, if you haven't already, following Brexit. These include residency, healthcare and driving license exchange.
Making a Portuguese Will is strongly recommended if you have property or other assets in Portugal. This can help to ensure your estate goes to the right people, make the process of administering your estate as simple as possible, and potentially reduce your estate’s inheritance tax liability.
The Portuguese State is set to take legal action against US fashion brand Tory Burch for “abusive appropriation” of camisola poveira. The garment in question is a traditional sweater worn by fishermen in Póvoa de Varzim since the 1800s. Portugal’s Ministry of Culture has stated that it will “do everything in its power [to ensure that Burch does not] fail in her responsibilities.”
The Brexit transition has come to an end, and as from the 1st January 2021 all UK residents that hold a tax identification number in Portugal (número de contribuinte or NIF) must appoint a fiscal representative in Portugal to act on their behalf.
How to proceed if you need to report the death of a family member or arrange the burial, cremation or the repatriation to the home country.
The Matrimonial property regime in Portugal is enshrined in legislation. Before the wedding, the bride and groom can choose the property regime they wish to adopt for their married life.
- What is an Estate Planning Lawyer and Why You Need to Hire One?
- 4 Reasons Why Truck Accidents Call for Legal Assistance
- UK residents have until 30 June to appoint a tax representative
- How to Easily Do a Background Check of Your Potential Employees
- Can you register for residency permit in Portugal after Brexit?
- Expert Tips for Hiring the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- Brits living in Europe should prepare for the end of the transition period
- Exchanging Your Driving License For A Portuguese License