The National Republican Guard (GNR), on Sunday, issued dozens of fines for administrative offenses to both establishments and people in Albufeira, in relation to the blatant disregard of the rules imposed due to the pandemic by a recent influx of young tourists, a GNR source told press this week.
"It is necessary to pay very special attention to the Algarve region, which is extremely dependent on tourism", defended this morning the Minister of State, Economy and Digital Transition, Pedro Siza Vieira, before the government’s minister of the Commission for Economy, Innovation, Public Works and Housing, in the Assembly of the Republic.
CEAL, the Algarve Entrepreneur Confederation has said today that the UK's decision to leave Portugal off the list of safe countries to travel to is an "atomic bomb for the entire economy" of the region.
A fire with three active fronts is ploughing with great intensity through a forest area in São Marcos da Serra, in the Algarve, currently being fought by 200 operatives and 11 aerial means, indicated a civil protection source.
A Portuguese nurse who helped save the English prime minister's life, when he was infected the novel coronavirus, was received this Sunday by the UK PM at Downing Street, London, attending a celebration to mark 72 years of the British National Health Service.
A Lisbon judge ordered the chief executive of EDP-Energias de Portugal, Antonio Mexia, to be suspended along with the CEO of subsidiary EDP Renovaveis as part of a corruption investigation, a source familiar with the decision said.
After a week of tension and uncertainty, it has finally been announced for certain that Portugal has been left off the list of safe destinations to travel, just published this afternoon by the United Kingdom.
The European Commissioner for Health, Stella Kyriakides, underlined today that the pandemic situation in Europe is still “fragile”, giving the example of the evolution of COVID-19 in Portugal to maintain that it is necessary to remain vigilant.
- Portugal penalized by UK for "speaking the truth", claims Algarve Tourism board
- Portuguese government takes over 72.5% of TAP, angering Ryanair
- PAN calls for Albufeira Council to take over Algarve’s last bullring
- ‘Traditional British tourism destinations not experiencing outbreaks’, defends minister
- Businesses breathe sigh of relief as Spain-Portugal border opens to all travel
- Air-bridge uncertainty: Portugal’s place on quarantine list still unclear
- GNR warn of ‘constant nightmare debacle’ at Alte waterfall hotspot
- Opening of border between Algarve and Andalusia to be marked with ceremony tomorrow