According to yesterdays' DGS epidemiological bulletin, the incidence of Covid-19 per 100 thousand inhabitants and the R (t), the transmissibility index, continue to fall in Portugal.
All CVC's, or dedicated Covid Vaccination Centres in the Algarve are now functioning. Here is a list of the centres and their location.
A new project, Link-a-ring, has been launched in Portimão, the first Commercial Kitchens Co-working space in the Algarve, renting foreclosed restaurants, and giving those looking to open a takeaway or delivery service the chance of going to market much faster and with low risk.
On 31st December 2020, the transition period for the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union (Brexit) ended. As of 1st January 2021, the appointment of a tax representative in Portugal by individual and collective taxpayers, with tax domicile in the United Kingdom, became mandatory. Non-residents need to appoint a fiscal representative in Portugal. They usually have 60 days within which to do this, but exceptionally the Portuguese government has now extended the deadline until 30 June 2022.
This year, the council attributed a support of 180,000 Euros to the Humanitarian Association of the Voluntary Firefighters of Vila Real de Santo António and Castro Marim, a massive 4 times the amount given 4 years ago.
Turismo do Algarve is betting on a strong promotion program, aimed at the main markets of the region, in order to attract tourists in the summer period and to encourage last minute reservations.
Under a protocol recently signed with Alzheimer Portugal, the Câmara de Lagoa opened a new support office yesterday, for people with dementia. The office will help with the financial and logistical support of people in the municipality with dementia, with operational technicians trained by Alzheimer Portugal.
- German police dismantle one of the largest child pornography networks in the world
- Aljezur and Portimão not advancing to the new phase
- Woman fights for postmortem insemination laws to be changed
- Formula 1 Returns To The Algarve
- Algarve only expects British tourists from July
- Accused killers of young Algarve man are sentenced
- Deconfinement: here's what will change on Monday, May 3rd
- Covid-19: North continues a growing trend, Algarve cases have been falling