The body of Lisbon nurse Célia Paulo, 49, who had been missing for several days, was found near her home on Friday. The authorities are now investigating the causes of death and do not rule out any possibility.
Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa will concentrate on the devastating impacts of Covid-19 as he starts his second five-year term as Portugal’s president', receiving 57.33% of votes
New restrictive measures of the new general lockdown came into force on Wednesday 20th January, leaving some people confused as to what the current regulations are. We have set the new measures out below for you, clearly and concisely. These measures are in force until 11:59 on Saturday 30th January, with the possibility of an extension or change in regulations to be announced nearer the time.
The decision "is not formally made" but what is on the table is the immediate closure of the entire education system, including universities, starting this Friday. The final decision is still “subject to analysis of details” and will be “eventually taken this Thursday in the Council of Ministers”.
The teenage children of a nurse who went inexplicably missing on Monday in Lisbon have launched a desperate appeal for information over social media.
Synlab, in partnership with Hospital de Loulé, have today opened a Covid-19 Mobile Screening Center in Faro, which operates on weekdays from 10:00 to 17:00 and on Saturdays from 09:00 to 13:00.
The British variant of Covid-19 has been detected in 28 Portuguese counties. Now, its presence has been confirmed in samples collected in Faro and Tavira.
The Portuguese Institute of the Sea and the Atmosphere (IPMA) announced today that all districts of mainland Portugal will be under a yellow warning due to the forecast of sometimes heavy rain coming in on Wednesday.
- Makro opens to all consumers during the state of emergency
- Police detain two suspects for violent thefts in the Algarve
- President of Safe Communities Portugal to be awarded an MBE
- New Lockdown Confirmed
- Covid-19: President of the Republic to consult parties by telephone on state of emergency
- English man found dead in motorhome in Tavira
- Covid19: Deaths increase 50% in the Algarve, Tavira worst hit
- Informative signs installed in pilot area of European project in Algarve