Approximately 300,000 people in the Algarve are still awaiting their vaccination, but the Regional Health Administration (ARS) of the Algarve believes that it will be possible to ensure 70% of the Algarve population are vaccinated by August.
Mayor of Vila Real de Santo, Conceição Cabrita, was arrested today by the Judiciary Police, on suspicion of the crime of corruption via a real estate business in Monte Gordo.
Almost two years after the crime, the court in Faro have sentenced the young man accused of shooting Lucas Leote, outside a nightclub in the Algarve, to 16 years in prison, for two crimes of simple homicide, one consummated and the other in the attempted form.
The Tax and Customs Authority (AT) has already started to process the first IRS refunds, which should reach the taxpayers' account bymidweek, says the Secretary of State for Tax Affairs.
Yesterday, Portugal registered more than 602 cases of infection with the new coronavirus and nine deaths attributed to Covid-19, together with a slight increase in hospitalisations, including in intensive care.
The construction projectof the new health services building in Loulé has been awarded more than 4.6 million euros, with an execution time of approximately two and a half years.
Earlier this week, renovations began on the auction house building in Portimão, with a municipal investment of 960,000 euros and is due to be completed within 6 months.
There are still many complications, much confusion and lots of uncertainty, but here’s the nitty-gritty of what’s known about the prospects for tourism from abroad. Foreign holidaymakers are expected to start arriving in Portugal in significant numbers in May and June.
- Government to increase inspections in the municipalities with the highest incidence of Covid-19
- Leading citizens of Lagos appeal to Mayor to save Ponta de Piedade cliffs
- Albufeira, Lagoa, Portimão and Vila do Bispo at risk staying in confinement
- Deconfinement: What reopens from today, April 5th
- UK Government extends support for vulnerable UK Nationals applying for residency
- Covid-19: Parliament renews obligation to wear masks on the street until mid-June
- Gilão River floods in the city of Tavira
- Submission of the annual IRS statement starts today