The Portuguese Government have released the following vaccination plan for COVID-19, where priority groups and the respective vaccination phases are defined. The vaccine is free, and taken in two doses, three to four weeks apart.
From December 2020:
- Health professionals involved in patient care
- Professionals in the armed forces, security forces and critical services
- Professionals and residents in Residential Structures for the Elderly (ERPI) and similar institutions
- Professionals and users of the National Integrated Continuing Care Network (RNCCI).
From February 2021 :
People aged 50 and over, with at least one of the following pathologies:
- Cardiac insufficiency
- Coronary heart disease
- Renal insufficiency (Glomerular Filtration Rate <60ml / min)
- (COPD) or chronic respiratory disease under ventilatory support and / or long-term oxygen therapy
People aged 80 and over.
Wait until you are contacted by the health authorities.
- People over 50 and associated diseases (coronary heart disease, heart failure, kidney failure or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and all those over 80 will start to be vaccinated from February.
- People between 50 and 79 years old with associated illnesses that are not followed by the National Health Service should contact their attending physician to ensure inclusion in the first phase of the vaccination plan. They will then be contacted by the health center to schedule the vaccination.
The health professional in isolated practice and not registered in a professional order, must register here.
Phase 2 (from April 2021)
- Persons aged 65 years and over (who have not been previously vaccinated)
- People between 50 and 64 years of age, inclusive, with at least one of the following pathologies:
- Active malignant neoplasm
- Chronic kidney disease (Glomerular Filtration Rate> 60ml / min)
- Liver failure
- Arterial hypertension
- Other pathologies with less prevalence that may be defined later, depending on scientific knowledge
Phase 3 (on a date to be determined after the completion of the second phase)
The rest of the eligible population, including foreign residents, which will also be prioritized. An expansion of vaccination sites is planned at this stage.
Your family doctor/health centre or nurse will be able to inform you about the stage at which you will be vaccinated.
Wait until you are contacted. The vaccination process will take place throughout the year 2021.
It is not possible to request the appointment of your vaccine for COVID-19. You will be contacted by the National Health Service for this purpose. We appreciate that you wait and do not contact SNS 24 for this reason.
For a prediction of when you might be vaccinated, CLICK HERE.