The UK Government is extending support for potentially at-risk groups including pensioners, disabled people and those with language difficulties who live in Europe by continuing the activity of the UK Nationals Support Fund (UKNSF) and supplementing it with an additional £1 million, bringing the total to £4 million.
The UKNSF provides funds to eight organisations to support UK Nationals who need assistance with their residency applications. These organisation operate in 11 EU Member States and Norway, and since the launch of the Fund in March 2020, have provided practical support for over 350,000 UK Nationals who need assistance with the process of applying/registering for residency in 12 European countries, following the end of the Transition Period. This funding is in addition to £3 million announced by the Foreign Secretary in March 2020.
The UKNSF will continue to operate in France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Malta and Norway.
The UKNSF will continue to be delivered by:
- The AIRE Centre – Bulgaria, Greece and Norway
- Age in Spain - Spain
- Asociación Babelia - Spain
- Cyprus Residency Planning Group (CRPG) - Cyprus
- Franco British Network - France
- International Organisation for Migration – France, Germany, Italy, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain
- SSAFA – Cyprus, France and Germany
- The Church of England Diocese in Europe - France
This assistance builds on the ongoing outreach and guidance provided by the UK’s network of Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates across Europe.
UK Nationals in Portugal should visit the Living in Portugal Guide at: www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-portugal to check what action they may need to take.