Don’t let your competitors leave you behind! It’s time to update your Google My Business account, as new features are coming.
Google My Business (GMB) is a very important tool. It helps your customers find a suitable route to your business location on Google Maps. And it has an extremely big influence on local SEO – the ability of people finding your business in Google, when they are searching for similar products and services in your area. That is why, if you still don’t have a registered and verified Google My Business account, you need to make sure you get one now! It’s completely free and brings you big benefits.
Whether you’ve just registered, or you have an account for a long time now, it’s important to keep it updated and always try to use the new features that Google adds. Why? Well, because for some time, while the feature is still not widely used, implementing it to your account may give you a small boost in rankings.
Recently Google has announced a number of new features that are coming to GMB. You may want to check your account and see if they’re already available to you. If so, make sure to use them, your account will look much better than others who weren’t as fast to update.
So, what are these new features?
- You will be able to add your logo to the upper right corner of the profile.
- You will be able to choose and upload a cover photo – the first photo that users will see when they find your profile (up until now, Google chose this photo automatically).
- New dynamic photo module. A new carousel with images, where Google promised you will soon be able to add captions.
- You already know that internet users may choose to follow your business on GMB, to get notified about the updates or announcements you make. Now, a new way of interacting with this audience is coming – the welcome offers. With this feature, you will be able to send your special deals directly to your GMB followers.
- “Local Favourite” badge. The top 5% of businesses in each category will be awarded a new “Local Favourite” badge. Google hasn’t given many details yet about how you can get one. The only information, available so far is: you may get a badge if you keep your account up to date and are responsive to your customers in their comments.
- All verified GMB accounts will be able to register a short name (@shortname). Users will be able to use a short name to find your GMB account in Google or Google Maps.
A lot of new features are coming! So, it’s the perfect time to review and freshen up your account. As a result, you will get a little bit more visibility online with no investment, which is an opportunity you don’t want to miss out on, right?
For more information, bespoke strategies and efficient digital marketing solutions, just contact the Clarity’s girls through email@example.com or visit our website at www.yourdigitalclarity.com.