The Algarve Senior Bikers had yet another great day out which included the highest turnout of riders since before the Covid problems all started, with 47 members meeting at the start point for the ride, in São Marcos da Serra.
In early October, three members from the Algarve Senior Bikers (ASB) made their way up north to Chaves, to meet a group of six Italian fellow riders from the Moto Club Orte (MCO), and accompany them on their way through Portugal.
The forecast of a possibility of the odd shower or thunderstorm later in the day didn't prevent all the ASB riders having a great day out in the hills of the Eastern Algarve.
The Cerebral Palsy school in Faro (APPC) will re-start at the end of September or beginning of October their partnership with Pinetrees riding for sessions of hippotherapy and therapeutic riding for their clients. They are in the process of getting assessments, plus parental and medical authorisations in order.
The ASB members made a good decision by taking advantage of the cooler weather and a refreshing breeze on the west coast of the Algarve for their July ride, making a very enjoyable day out after the recent heat wave.
The Algarve Senior Bikers had two outings this month. A long ride to Castro Verde in the Alentejo, the second more local, around Silves and Monchique areas.
AFPOP East Algarve Area organiser Linda Cree celebrated 15 years of working with AFPOP as a volunteer last week, with a lunch at Barbacoa restaurant in Almancil, on Monday 23rd May.
There was an excellent turnout for the May Algarve Senior Bikers ride, from São Bras de Alportel to Alte. So many turned up that there was enough to warrant the forming of three groups.
- ASB ride 1000 km through steamy Alentejo
- BPCC business drinks return, at Fine & Country Carvoeiro
- ASB Ride to Santa Clara and lower Alentejo
- This years Merit Certificates for students at Poeta Emiliano da Costa School in Estoi
- ASB 'East meets West' ride eventually went ahead!
- Gala Dinner in support of the Portuguese Victim Support Association
- Governor Paulo Martins visits the Almancil International Rotary Club
- District Governor visits Rotary Club Estoi Palace International