A dream came true for staff and special needs pupils at a school in Almancil, EB Canon Dr Clementino de Brito Pinto, part of Agrupamento de Escolas de Almancil, and most especially for teachers Sras. Rita Reis and Maria Mestre.
On Wednesday, April 26th, students from the Pinheiro e Rosa group of schools hosted a fine dining charity dinner at the Poeta Emiliano da Costa school in Estoi, organized by the Rotary Club Estoi Palace International (RCEPI).
Algarve band, The Basement Band, play at many events and venues throughout the Algarve, playing their sets for free, just asking the audience to make donations and raise money throughout the year for local charities.
The Algarve 41 Club made a charity donation in December, to the Lagos Orphanage (Centro de Assistencia Social Lucinda Anino dos Santos) to benefit the children at Christmas.
Loulé business, House2House were able to donate €1600 to the bombeiros of São Brás last Saturday, after selling off smaller items of second hand furniture throughout the past year, specifically for the cause.
Members of the Bombeiros Voluntários São Brás de Alportel meet up with theatre group.
Goldra Dog Sanctuary and SteriliseOurStrays have joined forces and are organising a fabulous charity gala evening out on 18th February 2023. The venue will be the wonderful Hilton Hotel Vilamoura.
The Castelo de Sonhos (CdeS) family charity would like to give a big THANK YOU to everyone who took part in their 18th Annual Shoebox Campaign for the elderly. This year over 250 boxes were distributed together with warm clothing and food parcels to the elderly within the Silves Council.
- The Annual Xmas & New Year Swims raise over €1000
- Helping Estoi and Moncarapacho Casas do Povo at Christmas time
- ASB Charity Christmas Lunch 2022 raises almost €2000
- Castelo de Sonhos support the underprivileged this Christmas
- RCEPI raise €600 at São Brás Christmas Market
- Water filters to aid Ukraine
- Thank you to Tina McEvoy and Art for Dogs, for a donation of €615 to Streetlife
- An Incredible Night! afpop EA raises €1835 for StreetLife - the local Animal Sterilisation Programme