Tina McEvoy is a local artist in the East Algarve who after many years of painting felt it was time to do something meaningful with her art. So she decided to combine two things close to her art – being creative and helping dogs.
Rotary Club Estoi Palace International (RCEPI) held its 11th annual Rotary Charity Golf Tournament at Monte Rei Golf and Country Club on the 25th August.
The Silves based family charity Castelo de Sonhos have just started their annual Back to School project. We have around 5 weeks to get everything together for distribution of the filled backpacks, before the kids return to school in September. Please help us if you can.
In June, Streetlife reached another milestone ..... 900 animal sterilisations! And another 10 so far this July. With our supporters working together as a team, we have achieved this incredible number of sterilisations, and are so proud of our StreetLife Team, our StreetEyes, our StreetBuddies and every single supporter.
The Rotary Club of Loulé organised on the 15th of July, in partnership with Quinta da Ombria, the Solidarity Golf Tournament, in favour of Associação UNIR – Association of the Mentally Ill, Families and Friends of the Algarve.
Marys Meals Portugal firmly believe that every child in the world deserves an education and enough to eat.
Cardiff City supporter, Will Melhuish, is walking across the Algarve to raise money for The PW7 Foundation, a charity set up in memory of former Cardiff City legend Peter Whittingham, who tragically passed away in his mid 30's after falling down the stairs.
Catch up on what's been happening at APAA. At the present time there are no events planned for the Summer, but we hope to see you at an APAA event of some description sometime in the Autumn.
- A sensory room for special needs children becomes a reality
- RCEPI raise money for students to attend Rotary summer camps
- The Basement Band donate €3,600 to local families in need
- Algarve 41 Club make a donation to Lagos orphanage
- Local business 'House2House' raise €1600 for São Brás firefighters
- Fund raising for firefighters
- For the Love of Animals - a Charity Valentine Gala Evening, Feb 18th
- Thanks to all who supported the 'Christmas Shoeboxes for the elderly' campaign