Storm Ciarán, which is moving eastward across the Atlantic, is expected to affect mainland Portugal and Madeira from Thursday, with strong wind and precipitation, mainly in the North and Center.
A 46 year old homeless man wholit the end of a fuel hose with a lighter in December 2019 has been acquitted, after serving 3 years in prison for the crime.
A plane from the Irish low-cost airline, Ryanair, with 189 passengers on board made an emergency landing yesterday at Gago Coutinho International Airport, in Faro after one of the tyres burst during take-off. (VIDEO)
A fire broke out at the Evaristo restaurant, at Praia do Evaristo in Albufeira last night, resulting in the building being “practically completely burned down”.
The Portuguese National Minimum Wage (SMN) in 2024 will be set at €820 per month, an increase of €60 compared to the value in force in 2023.
A 9.9 metre high wave was recorded off the coast at Faro on Sunday afternoon, caused as depressions from storms Babet, Aline and Bernard passed through the country.
- 'Desertification' has arrived in the Algarve
- Monchique: New pedestrian suspension bridge opens
- Tavira: Driver rescued after car becomes submerged while crossing bridge
- Portuguese dog Bobi, the oldest dog in the world, has died
- Portuguese bettor wins the EuroMillions
- Faro Airport: Man arrested for carrying 10 kilos of hashish
- Agreement reached between the UK and Portugal on mutual recognition and exchange of driving licences
- Thousands of Flixbus tickets to and from the Algarve from 99 cents