The campaign #AÚltimaGota_Algarve (#TheLastDrop_Algarve) developed by Almargem aims to inform the public about the need to change our attitudes and behaviours when it comes to water management. The strategy will cover the 16 municipalities of the Algarve and will include a Digital Guide and water saving tips.
Portugal’s public debt has skyrocketed in the last six months of the Covid19 pandemic, from 114% of GDP to 133.8%.
A new memorandum of understanding has been signed between Portugal and the Netherlands, to explore the transportation of green hydrogen between the two countries.
Many of the big British banks have written to expats to say that unless they can prove they are resident in UK they will stop serving them when the withdrawal agreement ends on December 31st this year, leading to issues for many.
It never actually went away, but with just over 3 months to go before the transition period expires on 31st December, it seems a good time to catch up on what’s been happening over the summer and why it might be important. Covid19 has totally eclipsed Brexit in the media, but the end of the transition period is rapidly coming over the hill at us.
A new calculation published today has seen the European Commission reduce grants coming Portugal’s way in post coronavirus recovery funding by €2 billion.
Tuesday saw the country plunged into further restrictions designed to limit the spread of coronavirus infections.
A message from the British Embassy: The UK Government yesterday announced restrictions on travel between the UK and mainland Portugal. Specifically, the UK government advises against all non-essential travel to mainland Portugal and will require all travellers arriving in the UK from mainland Portugal from 0400 on 12 September to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Portugal back on England's COVID-19 quarantine list, destroying tourism hopes
- State of contingency: what changes in Portugal on September 15th
- Back-to-work measures tightened in Lisbon and Porto as COVID-19 cases rise
- Costa seeks to resuscitate Portugal’s economy by using EU cash to ‘invest fairly in everything’
- Portugal reports 646 new coronavirus cases, record daily jump since April 20
- Epidemiological situation in Portugal among the most unfavourable in Europe
- Two thousand bird boxes installed throughout Algarve to encourage repopulation of rare species
- UK government ‘travel-corridor roulette’ devastates Portuguese tourist industry prospects