Residents in Vale da Lama, Silves, have again demanded an end to the emission of fumes emitted by the Amorim Group's cork factory, expressing outrage at the delay in resolving the problem.
Fuel prices have been constantly changing for several months now. At the beginning of a this week, which of course was also the beginning of a new month, prices registered a very slight decrease, about 0.7 cents per litre for diesel and 0.5 cents per litre for petrol.
A teenager, aged under 16, was hospitalised at Faro Hospital at the end of last week after being the victim of attacks by another student, inside theEscola Secundária Dr.ª Laura Ayres, in Quarteira.
October begins, bringing a new schedule of where the PSP the mobile speed cameras will be installed, with the most devices being placed in Vila Real de Santo António, Tavira, Olhão, Faro and Portimão.
According to IPMA, the hot weather in the Algarve is expected to persist at least until Tuesday, with temperatures potentially soaring to 35 degrees, or just over.
The vaccination campaign against Covid-19 and influenza begins this Friday in National Health Service units and pharmacies, covering people over 60 years of age, people with high-risk illnesses, healthcare professionals and those working in nursing homes.
The Minister of Territorial Cohesion, Ana Abrunhosa, announced today that the Government will reduce tolls by 30% on several ex-SCUT roads, including the A22, A23 and A24.
- Olhão: Suspected robber threatens police with a gun
- Alte: 100 year old Albertina refuses to retire
- Lagoa: Canoes, kayaks and surfboards banned at six beaches
- Government support of €25,000 for beekeepers affected by wildfires
- Silves: Demonstration against Amorim smoke pollution - Sept 29th
- Residents outraged as rubbish accumulates on 'privately owned' land
- Former Olhão councillor sentenced to 9 years for mega fraud of illegal appropriation of buildings
- Faro Airport: carnage again in the arrivals area