The Stayaway Covid phone application, which will allow for the tracking of virus infection through monitoring of physical proximity between devices, should be available from next week, said the Cabinet Affairs minister, Mariana Vieira da Silva, this Thursday.
In the last four days there has been a massive 723% increase in hotel reservations throughout Portugal – according to On The Beach, one of the largest British beach holiday operators. This is a marked boost to the tourism sector, compared to the days leading up to the UK’s decision to include Portugal in its air bridge list.
Irish airline Ryanair is set to reinforce its weekly connections between the United Kingdom and Portugal, from September 11th to October 24th, with 14 more flights to Faro every week, the low-cost airline announced today.
"The auction was a success, even greater than the auction that took place about a year ago [...]. We beat a new world record, which was achieved with absolutely clear negotiations", announced the Minister of Environment and Climate Action, João Pedro Matos Fernandes, at a press conference today in Lisbon.
The prime minister said this Tuesday that a range of "misunderstandings" with the Order of Doctors throughout last week have been cleared up. This comes following the outbreak of COVID-19 in an elderly care home in Reguengos de Monsaraz, and a series of comments made about the mismanagement of the situation, leading Costa to stress his appreciation for the sector.
Rui Pinto, creator of Football Leaks, as well as being the mind behind Luanda Leaks, has listed sports personalities, politicians, the national director of the Judiciary Police (PJ) and Edward Snowden as witnesses at his trial, that will begin in September and which accounts for 90 crimes in total.
The inclusion of Portugal in the United Kingdom's list of safe countries to travel to was deserved "for some time" and will open a window of opportunity that the Algarve region "should make the most of", João Fernandes, president of Turismo do Algarve stated this week.
The cost of flights and holidays to Portugal is likely to remain low as demand will struggle to pick up quick enough to save summer for the tourism-dependent economies of some regions, despite the country’s removal from the UK’s quarantine list, say experts.
- Ryanair boss warns of ‘wild cuts’ for Portugal in coming low-season
- Portugal added to UK air-bridge list following tourism industry furor
- Algarve tourism board setting up campaigns to attract tourists ‘outside high-season period’
- Rise in Portugal's unemployment slows, but jobless figure up 37% on year ago
- Illegal avocado monocultures 'damage' the Algarve economically, warns environmental association
- ‘Unemployed tourism workers to work in homes and daycare centers’, says Costa
- Portugal may receive total of 6.9 million COVID-19 vaccines by end of year
- Portuguese public confident about safety of Covid-19 vaccine