Portugal’s Parliament has again voted in favour of legalising euthanasia, kick-starting a third attempt in just over a year to get the legislation past the President, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa.
The president of Turismo do Algarve has announced that the tourist occupancy rate for June in the Algarve is expected to be around 80%, with around 17,000 passengers to be disembarking at Faro airport.
The Albufeira GNR arrested three young men earlier this week for assaulting and threatening people on public roads, to steal their mobile phones.
The Portuguese Institute of the Sea and Atmosphere are warning of high temperatures and high fire risk of fire throughout several municipalities in the Algarve and Alentejo.
The Director-General of Health has announced that unless a new variant of Covid-19 emerges, which causes more serious disease, from now on the Covid vaccine will only be given to the elderly, patients at risk and pregnant women.
In the early hours of yesterday morning, the EU Council and European Parliament reached a provisional agreement on draft minimum wage rules in the European Union.
The Directorate-General for Health (DGS) confirmed that, as of yesterday, there have been 13 more cases of human infection with the Monkeypox virus in Portugal, making a total of 166 cases so far.
A Portimão City Council employee died yesterday morning when he was run over by a forklift that was maneuvering in the Portimão Arena.
- Algarve celebrities at Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations
- Pilot project of a 4-day working week is on the cards
- Baby suffers convulsions in the sea at Três Castelos beach, Portimão
- New Sudoeste Retail Park opens June 10th
- Stiffer measures mean smoking in restaurants and bars will become almost impossible
- Lack of lifeguards on 22 beaches in the South of Portugal
- Airport border control staff increased by 82% from tomorrow
- Taxi fares rise from today