Events over the past two weeks have surely scuppered any Trump-like delusions that climate change is not happening or not threatening all forms of life on planet Earth.
After 3 months of investigation, yesterday the GNR arrested a 20 year old man for thefts and violent robberies of elderly people in the Olhão area.
Portugal is totally opposed to an EU proposal for member states to cut gas usage until March, because it would "hamper electricity production through gas-fired plants when the country faces an extreme drought", Energy Secretary João Galamba said yesterday.
The emergency phone line in Portugal, 112, is being upgraded to detect the exact origin of calls, but this function will only come in to play in 2023.
The heat wave that is hitting the UK this week caused damage to the runway at Luton airport yesterday. Some flights were delayed by more than four hours, and some airlines were forced to divert flights.
The Explosive Device Inactivation Readiness Team (EOD), of the Detachment of Sapadores Divers N.º1 (DMS1) of the Portuguese Navy, was activated on Sunday, at 12:00, when a possible explosive device was discovered, in Lagos.
After almost twenty years on the run from the UK, and committing many crimes in various countries including Portugal, the serial fraudster Kenner Elias Jones, also known as ‘Conman Ken’ and ‘The Charming Predator’, has been tracked down living in a comfortable care home in Munich, Germany.
After several days of high temperatures and over 700 firefighters still fighting several large fires, the Government announced this Sunday that it will not prolong the 'contingency' situation Portugal, due to the fires.
- Fire in Quinta do Lago & Almancil reactivates
- Feira dos Sofas - Algarve Arbitration Centre steps in to help in customer dispute
- Loan sharks arrested while they holidayed in Albufeira
- Faro has the best city air quality in Europe
- Renovated Red Chalet in Armação de Pêra opens its doors to the public
- Olhão switches to LED technology for public lighting
- Costa calls for public responsibility during forest fire season
- Current drought in southern Europe 'could become the worst ever'