Monte Gordo will be the stage for the first edition of the Sand Racing World Cup, a new competition from the International Motorcycling Federation (FIM), aimed at motorcycles and quads.
The streets of São Lourenço do Bairro, in the district of Aveiro, were flooded with around 2.2 million litres of red wine this Sunday morning, after the explosion of two red wine tanks. (video below).
An employee at a used car sales stand in Dublin, Ireland, took holiday without proper authorisation and unfortunately bumped in to one of the company directors in a bar in Albufeira.
The doctors association in Portugal (Ordem dos Médicos) is “following negotiations between the unions and the Ministry of Health, which have been going on since last year, with immense apprehension”, with the survival of the SNS (State health system) said to be at stake.
The Portuguese under-19 Futsal team became European champions of the category for the first time ever this Sunday, after beating Spain 6-2 in the final.
A 53 year old French woman was rescued by Vila do Bispo bombeiros on Thursday afternoon, after she dived from the cliffs at São João Vaz beach.
The Pestana Group have added another tourist complex to their portfolio, becoming the owners of the Vila Sol tourist complex, in Vilamoura.
The notice to close Sagres Lighthouse, in Vila do Bispo was posted unexpectedly on August 1st, and since then the lighthouse has remained unavailable to the public.
- Algarve: PSP radar locations in September
- Golf courses to use water from wastewater treatment plants to irrigate
- Withdraw money from an ATM without your card
- Vilamoura: van crashes into a tree, killing 3 men
- Albufeira: 3.9 earthquake felt in the early hours
- Missing young man Quévin is found dead in Tavira
- Faro: A radar on EN125 is one that fines the most in Portugal
- Our news service is taking a break for an annual holiday