During a set of operations in the week of November 21st to 27th, aimed at preventing and combating violent crime and promoting road safety, the Faro district GNR forces detained 62 people.
Installation work on the 50 new speed radars is already underway. The aim is for them to gradually come into operation over the first three months of next year.
The Food Banks against Hunger collected 2,086 tonnes of food, 24% more than in the first camapign in 2021, during a national campaign last weekend.
Cristiano Ronaldo is recruiting staff for his Cascais mansion, offering extremely generous salaries for the new employees lucky enough to be chosen.
Today, 25th of November, International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, the GNR is promoting a nationwide campaign “Submissão Não É Option”, with various actions to raise awareness in society as a whole.
A man in his 70's died yesterday following an accident in his agricultural tractor on a rural track in Vale da Ursa, Albufeira.
The Tavira PSP arrested two men yesterday, for thefts and robberies in homes and on public roads, having caused some of their victims to receive hospital treatment.
Lusíadas Health have invested more than 10 million euros in the new hospital in Vilamoura, scheduled to open in the second half of 2023, creating around 250 new jobs in the Algarve.
- Overturned Mercedes found in Faro salt pan
- Red water in Silves: a week after contamination, water supply is still cut off
- Cypriot company 'HokoCloud' invests in Algarve education
- Galp launches the world's first smart gas bottle
- Recreational use of laughing gas increases in Portugal
- Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa receives a bullet in the post
- Recent rains make virtually no impact on Algarve dams
- Red water running from the taps in Vale de Lousa, Silves