Welsh singing star and long-time Algarve homeowner Bonnie Tyler had a busy weekend in the celebrations to mark Queen Elizabeth’s official birthday and Platinum Jubilee.
The Portuguese Government intends to proceed with a pilot project of a 4-day working week, following in the footsteps of other countries testing, such as Iceland and Sweden.
A one year old child became ill in the water yesterday afternoon, at Três Castelos beach in Portimâo, having suddenly gone into convulsions.
Claiming to be "the biggest Retail Park in the Algarve", the new Sudoeste Retail Park in Alcantarilha opens next Saturday, June 10th 2022.
Smoking in restaurants and bars will be almost impossible, but only in 2023, according to a decree signed by the Assistant Secretaries of State and Health and Tourism.
The Portuguese Federation of Lifeguards (FEPONS) have warned that the lack of lifeguards is forcing 22 beach concessions in the south of the country to remain closed, raising the risk of drowning.
National airports will have a reinforcement of 238 SEF and PSP staff during the summer months, 82% more than the current staff at border posts, with Faro airport increasing from 59 to 104 SEF and PSP staff this Thursday.
Taxi fares across Portugal will rise by more than 8% on average from today, according to the agreement signed between the Directorate-General for Economic Activities, ANTRAL and the Portuguese Taxi Federation and already approved by the Government.
- BEM awarded to past afpop President
- The UK's Princess Eugenie moves to the Alentejo
- Sagres: Fisherman with chest pain rescued by lifeguards
- Ukraine: Portugal has granted refuge for more than 39,000 people
- Covid-19: No new restrictions, but Autumn booster on the horizon
- Pollen concentrations remain high throughout Portugal
- Albufeira: Second stabbing incident within two days
- Passenger tied up during TAP flight, for smoking