Algarve food bank, Banco Alimentar do Algarve, has been distinguished in the 11th edition of the MSD Maria José Nogueira Pinto award. The ceremony took place at the Palácio dos Marqueses de Fronteira, in Lisbon, and was attended by Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, President of the Republic, and Manuel Pizarro, Minister of Health.
During a recent visit to Iran, Cristiano Ronaldo was with artist Fatemeh Hamami, who offered him a painting and Ronaldo, as a gesture of gratitude, hugged and kissed the Iranian young woman.
A 28 year old man died in a collision between three cars yesterday afternoon, on the EN125 in Portimão, in the Chão das Donas area.
Dulce Figueiredo is from Évora, but has been placed to teach in Quarteira this year, over 200km from her home and family.
Between October 14th and 21st, the waters of Portimão serve as the setting for the largest adapted sailing competition ever held worldwide, with 230 athletes competing.
The online restaurant reservation platform “TheFork” have created a festival, “TheFork Fest”, where participating restaurants will offer a 50% discount, with hundreds of restaurants across Portugal taking part.
In the Algarve, there are already 13 restaurants that have already joined the festival and will offer the 50% off their menu, excluding drinks.
The Festival begins this Thursday, October 12th and lasts more than a month, ending on November 26th.
Find out now which restaurants in the Algarve are offering the 50% discount HERE.
This festival covers the entire country, so you can also travel further afield and discover a new restaurant gem, at 50% off!
After several weeks with temperatures well above average and a sunny environment, rain is set to return to the country within a few days, in the form of a cold front.
- Investigation requested into death of marine species in Ria Formosa
- Algarve dancer reaches the final of the biggest Street Dance competition in the world
- Tavira: Santa Luzia wants removal of 'cancerous' antennas
- A transgender woman is crowned Miss Portugal, for the first time
- Algarve is committed to a network of digital and smart villages
- Man travels from Caminha to Portimão on inline skates
- Algarve: 10 people arrested for drug trafficking so far this week
- 6 Algarve municipalities at maximum risk of rural fire